IT Support Manager
IT Support Manager -HelpDesk, Service Desk & 1st Line & 2nd Line Support
Bench are proudly working with one of the UK’s most innovative Automotive Companies, and we are on a mission to support their search for an IT Support Manager
This is a fantastic role for an ambitious Helpdesk or Service Desk professional to move up the career leader into a Team Management role so this role is also suitable for someone currently working in a Team Lead position.
The IT Support Manager oversees the delivery of services enabling high-quality support to end users ensuring Service and Support processes are in place to meet the needs of the business.
This is a customer facing role and requires the management of expectations within the business ensure the IT team deliver those expectations to a high standard. The IT Support Manager should deliver consistently high levels of support and evaluate customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
This role will be responsible for engaging a single team ethos across the support function and closely managing the IT Support Team to this end with frequent personal engagement, development, and motivation of the individuals.
The IT Support Manager will require excellent people skills with a focus on driving service improvement and customer satisfaction. The role requires the post holder to maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders whilst also ensuring these standards are reflected throughout the entire team.
The key duties and responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- IT Support - ensuring that the service delivered by IT Support meets the business requirements.
- Incident Management - Ensure that Incidents are managed proactively and if required escalated in a timely manner to senior management should a major incident result.
- Processes - Ensuring adherence to processes that enhance the service offering.
- Suppliers - Continue relationship building with key suppliers to ensure proactivity, responsiveness, and an excellent level of service.
- Service Improvement - Ensure consistently high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Leadership - Manage the IT Support function, providing guidance and training to ensure competency across the team.
- Experience in managing IT Support, Help Desk or Service Desk in a multi-site environment
- Experience in driving change within an established IT department
- Considerable experience in a customer facing IT role
- Demonstrable experience of Incident / Major Incident Management
Qualities and skills required:
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Excellent people management skills
- Willingness to support and mentor support staff
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
My client’s business units operate seven days a week, with a highly transactional point of sale systems being key to delivering daily business targets.
For more information on this role please apply, or call Jamie at Bench Talent.