Customer Services Consultant - Pension Servicing
Customer Services Consultant
Salary: £16,500 - £23,500 salary in line with relevant experience + excellent benefits package including 28 days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Annual Bonus and many more
Location: Henderson Row, Edinburgh
Our client is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £84.5 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ over 3,000 people.
We have exciting opportunities for Customer Service Consultants to join the Group Pensions Servicing Teams in Edinburgh, encompassing our Direct Contribution and Defined Benefit contracts, which offer the opportunity to either utilise your existing pensions experience or develop your career within a leading financial organisation.
We are particularly interested in candidates with proven skills in proactive scheme / portfolio management or with relationship management experience, ideally within Pensions or Financial Services (Although desirable this is not essential).
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking administrative and customer service duties for servicing and claims of existing pension schemes.
- Managing incoming enquiries through various mediums, i.e. calls, emails, written correspondence.
- Being accountable for the resolution of all enquiries, escalating as required.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that every customer (Employer's, Financial Advisers and Members) receive an exceptionally high level of service.
- Helping to review internal processes with the ultimate view of improving the overall customer experience.
- Helping to manage workflow to ensure consistency across the teams.
- Actively participate in all team goals setting sessions and contribute to team meetings.
- Take full responsibility for the work that you are involved in, generating good discussions with your peer group and Team Manager as needed.
- Providing a quality service through pro-active contact and effective communication.
- Accurate maintenance of client files and data.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent customer service skills ideally gained within a similar role.
- Financial Services / Pensions knowledge an advantage
- Relationship Management skills desirable
- Scheme/Portfolio Management experience desirable
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- A polite and professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Basic office skills (preferably gained in an office environment)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic and positive can-do attitude with a willingness to learn