Experienced Paralegal - Personal Injury
Lyons Davidson is a national law practice of around 900 employees operating from offices in Bristol, Solihull, Leeds, New Malden and Cardiff, and our associated practice in Edinburgh, Lyons Davidson Scotland LLP. We also have employees based in our onsite client offices in Folkestone and Whitstable.
We are a full service legal Company committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effective and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a motor insurance Case Handler/Paralegal with at least three years of direct experience, or equivalent, to join our Edinburgh city centre office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing their own caseload of RTA personal injury cases;
- Pursuing claims through pre-litigation stages:
- Initial review of liability and prospects,
- Instruction of medical experts and valuation of injuries,
- Review and valuation of financial losses,
- Advising clients on offers,
- Negotiating settlement,
- Preparing cases for litigation where appropriate.
- Making full use of our case management system, Filestream;
- Complying with agreed service standards;
- Assisting junior staff where required;
- Communicating with clients, insurers, expert witnesses and solicitors;
- Dealing with administration as required.
You will be a team player with good attention to detail, the ability to use your own initiative and to work to strict deadlines. You should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A legal qualification is not essential where there is equivalent experience.
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and Basic criminal record check. This information will only be used to assess suitability for employment insofar as it is relevant.