Teacher of Business Education and Technologies - Mid Yell Junior High School
Mid Yell Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Mid Yell, Yell. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Central, Mid and East Yell for Primary and the whole island of Yell for Secondary. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There are currently a total 98 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 18 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Mark Lawson. Further information can be found on the schools website at /
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,094 per annum
- Temporary Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 9 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- FTE of post: 1 FTE
- Sector/Subject specialism: Social Studies & Technologies - Business Education, Admin & Computing
- Qualification requirement: At least Business Education
- Class information, age range: S1-S4, BGE & Senior Phase (12-16)
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mid Yell Junior High School, Yell
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Mark Lawson, Head Teacher, onor email
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.